Designed for spa managers, directors, owners and investors, this program provides a rigorous introduction to the key concepts of modern spa business management. Popular with working professionals, it is also invaluable to startup entrepreneurs. The program is delivered with Wynne Business’s trademark realism and frankness by veteran spa consultants and educators Lisa M. Starr and Peggy Wynne Borgman.
It includes modules on:
- Creating world class customer service experience
- Quality management and service recovery
- Employee recruitment and selection
- Training and appraisal
- Effective leadership within the spa culture
- Accounting essentials and financial management
- Employee compensation
- Marketing the spa today
- Sales skills and processes for the spa environment
- Successful retail programs
- Effective service programs and menu design
This is a self paced program. If a student would like to finish in about twelve weeks, the SDMI includes about three hours of curriculum per week, consisting of lecture/presentations, reading, assignments and tests. The course text is included in the tuition fee.