Spa Director’s Management Intensive 2011
If you own, manage, or plan to open or acquire a spa, this program is a must!
Presented by Lisa M. Starr and Peggy Wynne Borgman of Wynne Business Spa Consulting
If you’re already involved in spa operations, you’ll find solutions for your toughest management challenges. If you’re planning a facility, you’ll leave this program with a clear-cut strategy for business success. If you’re considering a career change or advancement into spa management, the Spa Director’s Management Program will put you miles ahead of the competition. This fast-paced, information-packed program is full of original, innovative but practical concepts that are actually at work in top spas. We work hard to make sure the days you spend with us are extremely rewarding. You’ll also take home our exclusive text, an incredible reference you’ll use again and again. This includes tools you’ll be able to put to use the day you return to work. You’ll have a chance to meet other spa industry professionals, a diverse group of people, from all over the world. Participants typically represent a variety of industries and greatly enrich the program with their input. You’ll create a support network that will prove invaluable as your business or career grows. The small size of the class ensures individual attention and maximum interaction.
- Managing by the numbers: understanding financial statements
- How productive is your spa? An accurate way to measure
- Compensation Design: the key to profitability
- Owner compensation: what’s fair?
- Plugging the profit “leaks” in your spa operation
- Discounting: is it right for your facility?
- Staying out of trouble: proper accounting practices for spas
- The raging gift market: taming the tiger
- “One-to-one” marketing: cheaper, better, faster
- Customer retention: your best marketing tool
- Calculating your actual cost of customer acquisition
- A formula to instantly boost your sales by 33%
- The power of PR: developing your media kit
- Positioning your spa to survive intense competition
- Essential components of great spa brochures
- Developing a compelling service program
- Long-term programs: the new spa package
- Programming for profit: which services to emphasize
- Two key trends that must guide your program design
- Staging spa experiences: the perils of packages
- Workflow: managing its impact on quality and morale
- Scheduling for maximum productivity.and quality
- Recruitment: effective strategies for hiring the best employees
- Why the customer comes “second” in a successful spa
- Why you’re doing everything yourself.and how to stop it!
- Managing communications issues in your spa team
- Why you can’t motivate your staff and what to do about it.
- How to produce great staff meetings
- Managing conflict between technical and support teams
- Getting your support team to “think on their feet”
- What customers value most: it may surprise you
- How to manage quality in the “closed door” spa environment
- The three essential ingredients of world class service
- Training = quality: building your in-house program
- How to instill a “quality” mindset in your entire team
- Customer relations: resolving complaints
- Comps, refunds and redo’s: how to use them wisely
- Harnessing the awesome power of retail sales
- Teaching spa therapists to sell
- Tools and Techniques that support retail sales
- Do you need a Home Care Consultant?
- Creating a profitable retail mix
- Retail Trends
- The Spa Store: Visual Merchandising and Display
- Mail order and online stores: Are you ready?
Seminar venue: The charming Inn at Saratoga, along the banks of Saratoga Creek in the historic village of Saratoga. Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains, the Inn at Saratoga is a peaceful Silicon Valley hideaway. Just 20 minutes from San Jose International Airport (SJC) and 50 minutes from San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
If you would like this course offered LIVE in your location, please reach out to us at email@example.com
to discuss or access our online Spa Directors Management Intensive here.
HI. Are there still available places for 7th november? Who will be the teacher?
Do you have courses planned in other places?
Can I pay in 2 rates by cedit card?
Yes, there are still spaces in the November program. This course is offered on the East Coast in Philadelphia and on the West Coast in the San Francisco Bay Area. Lisa Starr will be leading the seminar in November.
Have the 2011 dates been posted/organized yet? I tried to find you at the ISPA conference, but it was hard to track people down!