OUR GROUND-BREAKING PROGRAM IN A SELF-PACED FORMAT.
Tackle tough challenges, learn new strategies, or launch a new career.
SPA DIRECTOR’S MANAGEMENT INTENSIVE | ONLINE CLASS
Spa Director’s Management Intensive
This twelve module, on-demand online course addresses much of the same content of our live seminar and even expands on it.
If you’re already involved in spa operations, the Spa Director’s Management Intensive Online will help you tackle your toughest management challenges. If you’re planning to open or acquire a spa, you’ll leave this program with a clear understanding of the potential risks and rewards. If you’re considering a career change or advancement into spa management, the Spa Director’s Management Program will put you miles ahead of the competition.
This groundbreaking online program enables attendees to acquire the knowledge we pack into this three-day program in an expanded, self-paced format.
The Spa Director’s Management Intensive is constantly updated and relevant to the current business climate. Hot button-topics like yield management, online discounters, and recession-era employee morale issues are part of the curriculum. Real-world learnings come from 30 years of operating an award-winning day spa in California as well as our work with hundreds of clients across a wide array of industry sectors.
Just as with our live seminar, this program includes lectures and presentations by instructor Lisa M. Starr.
SDMI Online Pricing:
The twelve-module course is available for $995 for individuals, and $795/person for employees of the same firm who wish to take the course within the same time period. The reading assignments, homework, and quizzes take most users approximately 30-40 hours to complete. This course is designed for a single user, and you will continue to have access to the material after completion.
View the curriculum below for more details.
Course Materials Included
- Our proprietary Spa Director’s e-Text
- Powerpoint lectures, recorded for your convenience
- Assignments, online discussions, and tests (75% overall score required for certificate of completion)
- One hour private business coaching session
The program is presented in a series of modules.
- World Class Customer Service
- Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Building Your Spa Team
- Training and Appraisal
- Essentials of Spa Leadership
- Spa Accounting Essentials
- Financial Savvy
- Compensation for Spa Employees
- Marketing the Spa Today
- Sales: Selling Through Service
- Successful Retail Programs
- Managing Spa Treatment Programs
Financial Management Skills for Spa Directors & Managers
- Financial literacy for non-financial professionals
- Compensation plans that drive profit and employee loyalty
- Plugging the profit “leaks” in your operation
- Understanding the impact of discounts and promotions
- Understanding the legal and accounting issues of gift card sales
Sales and Marketing
- Marketing trends: the good, the bad, the ugly
- Millenials vs. Boomers: understanding the next generation of spa-goer
- Essentials of online marketing and social media
- Understanding yield management, including discount strategies
- What “retention” means in your spa (it’s different for day, stay and med spas)
- Turning the tables on “Social Discounters” like Groupon
Successful Spa Programs
- The pros and cons of “branded” and vendor-driven treatments
- Innovation vs. profit: keeping it simple
- Enticing menus that drive profit, control cost and simplify operations
- Ensuring workplace safety for spa employees
- Managing back bar costs
- Ending the disconnect: making retail happen in a spa
- Creating a more profitable retail mix
- Best practices for optimizing your inventory turns
- Private Label Essentials
- Best practices for partnering with vendors
Leadership and Communication
- What your team needs from you and how to give it to them
- Recruitment: how to hire the best employees
- How to be a better delegator
- Why you can’t motivate your staff and what to do about it
- Effective employee discipline and performance appraisal
- The Experiential vs. Transactional spa
- Managing “Moments of Truth” and crises
- How to manage quality in the “closed door” spa environment
- Teaching your team to effectively resolve complaints and perform service recovery
- Comps, refunds and redos: how to use them wisely
Have questions about the curriculum or any other aspect of the SDMI online program? Call us at 610.368.6660. Or email instructor Lisa Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our mailing list to learn about upcoming online courses.
I loved taking this course. I am currently in the process of opening up a spa and wellness center. This course provided such wonderful material and so many fine details that will help me as I continue to build and grow my spa!
Without prior experience in spa management, this course provided an industry-standard to guide me. I learned a lot and am excited to help my team grow and succeed!
I am a hospitality professional with 5 years-experience in spa management but had so many questions that no one was able to give guidance on about topics such as finance and marketing. The Wynne Business SDMI online course deeply covered these, and I also learned a lot about HR and compensation. The topics are approached from a practical and efficient point of view with tips and knowledge that you can start applying from day one. Thanks to this course I feel much more confident in my abilities, and it is exactly the preparation I needed to advance to the next step in my professional career.